1. Registration will be at the Schuylkill Hose Company located at 51 S Saint Peter Street, Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972 beginning at 8:00 AM and ending promptly at 11:00 AM. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
2. Judging will take place at Penn State Schuylkill Campus at 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Judging will also take place in the line of march.
3. The parade divisions will line up on the Schuylkill Haven Area High School grounds and surrounding area.
4. The parade will begin promptly at 1:00 PM.
5. Participants’ Schuylkill County dues must be up to date to compete in the “In Schuylkill-County” categories.
6. Schuylkill Haven Fire Department apparatus will not be eligible for any awards.
7. In the event of an emergency call in the borough of Schuylkill Haven, only the units covering for the Schuylkill Haven Fire Department shall respond.
8. All participants must display identification given to them at registration in the drivers’ side front windshield.
9. All units must complete the entire parade route and pass the judges stand to be eligible for awards.
10. There will be no sounding of bells, sirens, air horns, loudspeakers, or any other sound device while in line or during the parade. (NO EXCEPTIONS), Units will be disqualified!
11. No objects of any kind are to be thrown from any vehicle or float in the line of march, but may be distributed at the curb.
12. The number of passengers riding on any vehicle will be limited to the number of SAFE riding positions on each individual vehicle.
13. Consuming alcohol during the parade and/or having intoxicated person(s) on the apparatus or marching shall be prohibited.
14. Drivers and participants under the age of 21 shall sign a pledge stating that they will not consume alcohol and shall wear identification provided at registration, for those serving, to see. We request that you police your own ranks. With the current liquor laws governing serving and consumption of alcohol, this will be a zero-tolerance rule. We thank you for your consideration of our liquor license and each other’s proud reputations.
15. Competent area judges will inspect all entries. There will be no “white glove” inspections. The judge’s decisions are final.
16. An antique is considered 1985 or older.
17. Each apparatus must be designated in only one category.
18. The awards presentation will be held at the Schuylkill Haven Island Park, no later than 6:00 PM.
19. Failing to follow any of the “Rules and Regulations” will result in that unit and/or company being disqualified From awards.
20. Only one registration change will be allowed.